Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience, and it’s important to know what to do and what not to do in order to protect yourself and your rights. In Boca Raton, FL, Chad J. Robinson, PLLC is a personal injury law firm that specializes in helping clients who have been involved in a car accident. To help you navigate the aftermath of a car accident, here are some of the most common mistakes to avoid after a car accident.
1. Don’t Leave the Scene of the AccidentLeaving the scene of the accident is a criminal offense in the state of Florida and can result in serious penalties, including fines and possible jail time. Even if you think you were not at fault for the accident, it’s important to remain at the scene until the police arrive and allow the investigation to take place.
2. Don’t Admit FaultThe moments after a car accident can be chaotic, and you may be tempted to apologize or take responsibility for the accident. However, it’s important to remember that you may not know all the details of the accident yet, and admitting fault could have serious consequences. Even if you think you may have contributed to the accident, it’s best to avoid making any statements that could be used against you later.
3. Don’t Forget to Exchange InformationMake sure to exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver. This includes the name, phone number, address, and insurance company of the other driver. It’s also important to get the license plate number of the other driver, as well as the make and model of the car.
4. Don’t Forget to Document the AccidentTake photos of the accident scene and any damage to your car or the other driver’s car. This can help you build a stronger case if you decide to pursue legal action. It’s also important to document any injuries, no matter how minor they may seem.
5. Don’t Neglect to Seek Medical Attention
Even if you don’t think you were injured in the accident, it’s vital to seek medical attention. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and it’s important to get them checked out in order to protect your health and rights.
At Chad J. Robinson, PLLC, we understand how difficult it can be to navigate the aftermath of a car accident. We specialize in helping clients in Boca Raton, FL who have been involved in a car accident, and we can help you understand your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, contact us today to learn more about our services and mistakes to avoid after a car accident.