Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Representing Injured Clients Throughout Central & Southern Florida
Did you know that Florida is the most dangerous state in the United States for pedestrians? According to a Miami Herald article from 2019, a sobering 49,340 pedestrians died during a ten-year period, which comes out to more than fatalities 13 a day or one death every hour and 46 minutes.
Additionally, pedestrians who are over the age of 65 are much more likely to be involved in a pedestrian accident than people who are younger. Inattentive, distracted, and aggressive drivers as well as poor engineering of the roads in Florida certainly contribute to these statistics.
Our Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorney at Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC is committed to helping accident victims get justice after suffering at the hands of a negligent party. Our team provides competent legal representation for clients to ensure they are able to get the medical treatment they need in order to recover as swiftly as possible.
If you have been injured in a Central or Southern Florida pedestrian accident as a result of another person’s reckless or careless actions, contact our law firm right away to see how we can help you.
The Different Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Florida
When higher speeds are involved in a pedestrian accident, the pedestrian will suffer more serious, catastrophic injuries that often become fatal. Even when a vehicle is moving at a slow speed, an impact with a pedestrian can result in serious injuries depending on how the pedestrian’s head hits the ground after falling. Even a vehicle traveling at only eight mph can cause instant death. All pedestrian accidents are dangerous.
There are different types of pedestrian accidents that can occur in Florida. Here is a list of the most commonly reported:
- Back-up Accidents: This type of accident occurs when a driver is backing up their vehicle without first checking behind or around them. These accidents usually happen in parking lots or driveways.
- Dart-out Accidents: This type of accident occurs when a pedestrian darts out into the roadway, not giving the driver enough time to stop the car.
- Intersection Accidents: This type of accident occurs when a pedestrian is attempting to cross the street at the intersection.
- Passing Accidents: This type of accident occurs when an inattentive driver is not able to see a pedestrian because another vehicle has stopped to allow them to cross. The impatient driver may attempt to pass the stopped vehicle and strike the pedestrian in the process.
- Vehicle Turns & Merging Accidents: This type of accident occurs when a driver is so focused on making a turn that they don’t see the pedestrian until after they begin turning. Merging accidents are very similar—the driver doesn’t see the pedestrian until they are merging.
- Vendor Accidents: These types of accidents usually occur on residential streets where young children run after the ice cream vendor. These accidents sometimes involve food trucks as well.
The Dangers of Reckless Driving
A vast majority of pedestrian accidents in Florida are a result of negligent and reckless drivers. Although we can take various steps to ensure we do not cause harm to others, there is no guarantee that other motorists will provide us with the same consideration.
Reckless drivers are likely to cause serious and life-altering accidents.
- Disobey traffic control devices
- Drive impaired
- Or engage in other reckless behaviors
As a result of negligent motorists, thousands of pedestrians are hospitalized every single year with injuries resulting from collisions with motor vehicles. In Central and Southern Florida, we see these unimaginable accidents take place for a variety of reasons.
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Florida?
Some of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents in Boca Raton are as follows:
- Negligent or impaired drivers
- Drivers who use an electronic communication device while at the wheel
- Texting and driving
- Using another electronic piece of equipment
- Eating and drinking while driving
- Applying makeup, styling your hair, and grooming while you drive
- Adjusting the music or changing the radio stations
- Talking to other passengers in the car
Pedestrian accidents also have a variety of causes in areas like Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Hollywood, and all throughout Central and Southern Florida.
Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Inclement weather
- Unfamiliar roadways
- Obstructions, like trees, posts, and poles, that block the line of sight for drivers
- Construction in roadways
Regardless of what caused your accident, it is crucial that you work with a reputable and knowledgeable attorney after being injured because of another party. Our Boca Raton Florida pedestrian accident attorney Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC in Boca Raton is available to fight for you and hold those at fault responsible.
If a Settlement Can Not Be Reached, What Happens?
If we are not able to come to a settlement agreement that reflects your needs and best interests, we will go to court and provide aggressive and effective legal representation to help you move forward and reach all of your goals for a full recovery.
Southern Florida personal injury attorney Chad J. Robinson strives to help his clients maximize their recoveries so they can take care of the financial burdens they may face such as:
- Medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost wages due to missing work to recover
- Lost earnings, benefits, and other losses from being forced out of work permanently
- Property damage
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- And more
We understand the challenges that victims face after being injured in a pedestrian accident in Florida. We work diligently to help innocent victims obtain compensation from responsible parties so they can cover their expenses and alleviate at least some of their stress.
Were you injured in a car accident? Did you have a slip-and-fall accident in a grocery store? Do you have an insurance dispute you cannot resolve on your own? Every year, many people deal with stressful personal injuries or insurance claims and help isn’t easy to access for the majority of them. Many people don’t know what to do when they have a claim because the trauma is too challenging to work through. That's where we step in, and stand by your side.
We may look small, but our firm is mighty! We have the skills, resources and dedication to obtain the results you deserve.
When you’re dealing with the stress of an injury, you’ll want a lawyer who has what it takes to get your case the best possible result.
Hiring Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC to represent you for a personal injury case won’t cost you anything! We don’t get paid unless you do!
Chad J. Robinson is a personal injury and insurance claim attorney that won’t back down until you have the best possible result for your case.