Boca Raton Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Protecting the Rights of Injured Cyclists Throughout Florida
Bicycles are not only healthier alternatives to motor vehicles, but they are vastly more cost-efficient and environmentally friendly as well. Unfortunately, as it is with most good things, there can be a downside. Bicycle deaths are a nationwide epidemic—in 2019, 846 cyclists were killed nationwide. In the state of Florida, bicycle accidents claim the lives of more than 500 people each year. Thousands more are left with life-altering injuries that require immediate medical attention and long-term care.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident with a motor vehicle in the Boca Raton area, contact the law office of Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC today! Our bicycle accident attorneys in Boca Raton possess over a decade of experience standing up for the legal rights of injured cyclists. We will fight hard to help you obtain compensation to cover your accident-related expenses and make the best recovery possible.
Call (561) 564-0233 or contact us online to book your free case evaluation. We offer legal representation in Spanish, Hebrew, Portuguese, and English.
Common Causes of Florida Bicycle Accidents
Some of the leading causes of bike accidents in Florida include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negligent or impaired drivers
- Broken, cracked, or uneven roads, sidewalks, or bicycle lanes
- Fixed objects in roadways
- Uncovered potholes
- Bicyclists who lose control due to speeding
- Drivers who open their doors out into bicycle lanes without looking
- Stray animals that run out in front of bicyclists
- Faded bicycle lanes in roadways
- Unclear bicycle lanes on busy streets
Common Injuries from Florida Bicycle Accidents
Bicyclists are not protected to the same extent as closed passenger vehicles during traffic accidents. Unlike people who are traveling in motor vehicles, they have very little to protect themselves from injuries or even death during a collision.
As a result, Florida bicycle accidents are more likely to have devastating outcomes than those that involve only vehicles. The chances of suffering life-threatening injuries are greatly increased when victims are struck by speeding vehicles, are ejected down the roadway, or run over.
Some of the most common Southern Florida bicycle accident injuries people suffer include:
- Broken Bones: There are numerous instances where people break their arms or legs as a result of an auto-bicycle collision. These can range from small fractures to severe compound fractures and complete breaks that require surgery and extensive physical therapy.
- Bruises, Scrapes & Scarring: Even accidents that seem minor can result in severe bruising, scrapes, and permanent scarring. When cyclists get knocked down and slide across roadways, they often sustain serious brush injuries that can result in permanent scarring.
- Internal Organ Injuries: Victims who are struck by vehicles may sustain internal bleeding and injuries that are life-threatening. Receiving immediate medical attention is crucial to ensuring the injuries are treated. Some common internal organ injuries include lung punctures, spleen and liver lacerations, and more.
- Severed Limbs: When bicyclists become trapped between vehicles, they are at an increased risk of severing limbs, like their arms and legs. This can have a life-changing impact on a person and drastically limit their ability to work and engage in activities.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in either permanent or temporary paralysis, depending on the severity of the injury. Victims who sustain spinal cord injuries often endure life-altering consequences and have to go through long-term treatment.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have immediate and long-term consequences. The head is particularly vulnerable to injury during collisions due to the lack of protection. Although bicyclists often wear helmets, they do not guarantee that no injury will occur.
Our bicycle accident attorney at Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC has helped many victims across Central and Southern Florida recover after their bicycle accidents. It is crucial that victims seek guidance from a knowledgeable bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible to ensure that their rights are protected from the start.
Injured In a Bike Crash In Florida? Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC Can Help!
There is nothing more frightening than seeing an automobile careening towards you and knowing that there is nothing you can do to get out of its way or being hit and never seeing it coming. If you sustained injuries while you were biking, scootering, or skateboarding in Florida, call Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC today.
Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC provides quality legal guidance that recognizes the unique needs of each of our clients. Our team works hard to ensure that victims are fully compensated for their losses. Contact our Boca Raton law firm today to schedule a free case review to start protecting your rights and demanding the justice you deserve.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Boca Raton, Orlando, Palm Beach, W. Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Melbourne, Lehigh Acres, Weston, or anywhere in the state of Florida, contact us at (561) 564-0233 or contact us online.
Satisfied Clients and Their Stories
“Chad Robinson obtained a fair settlement for our insurance claim which had been denied in the wake of Hurricane Irma.”- John M.
“Chad Robinson is a very professional friendly and conservative attorney working on your behalf.”- Brenda B.
“His professionalism, knowledge and honesty made us feel secure in our decisions.”- Michele D.
See Why People Choose Us
We Are Experts In Your Unique CircumstancesWere you injured in a car accident? Did you have a slip-and-fall accident in a grocery store? Do you have an insurance dispute you cannot resolve on your own? Every year, many people deal with stressful personal injuries or insurance claims and help isn’t easy to access for the majority of them. Many people don’t know what to do when they have a claim because the trauma is too challenging to work through. That's where we step in, and stand by your side.
Small Firm, Large ResourcesWe may look small, but our firm is mighty! We have the skills, resources and dedication to obtain the results you deserve.
Experienced Trial LawyerWhen you’re dealing with the stress of an injury, you’ll want a lawyer who has what it takes to get your case the best possible result.
No Recovery, No FeeHiring Your Damage Lawyer by Chad J. Robinson, PLLC to represent you for a personal injury case won’t cost you anything! We don’t get paid unless you do!
We Fight For YouChad J. Robinson is a personal injury and insurance claim attorney that won’t back down until you have the best possible result for your case.